OSP Technician at TTC Mobile Ltd 44 views
Transfer Technology Company first registered in 2003 and later incorporated in 2007 as TTC Mobile Ltd.
With Head Office in Lagos and four branches across Nigeria and the UK, it has trained over 8000 persons since it commenced business.
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
The Outside Plant (OSP) Supervisor oversees the maintenance of fibre optic & civil work activities on the outside plant network. The OSP Supervisor will be involved in the day- to- day maintenance and management of the outside plant, taking into consideration Customer and Local Authority organizations in the maintenance of the fibre outside the plant. The role is expected to involve a significant element of on-site attendance.
Deliverables (Maximum 5-6 key responsibilities)
Corporate & Retail/FOS Incident Management.
- Restore service failures within 3 hours of its occurrence- Implementation and integration of new projects and ensure all open incident tickets are closed within this time-frame.
- Retail Customers: Restore service failures within 12 hours of its occurrence.
- Incident Management Communication: Provide prompt feedback for input into the OTRS application with information relating to activities being carried out to resolve customer service incidents.
- Preventive Maintenance Proactively identify, plan and execute preventive maintenance action on the fibre network.
- Provide operational data for FTTH Network Monitoring and analysis work that feeds into the improvement of fibre break-fix MTTR.
- Audit and collate information for the fiber outside plant network. Prepare the as-maintained documents within region/sub-region managed for the O &M Unit.
Ensure weekly support status reports are done and submitted timely for review.
Activate FOS Customer requests within 3 days of sign up. Sign-off the Customer Feedback Form, prepare and submit post-activation report.
Demonstrate (Key competencies)
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills:
Academic: University Degree in Telecoms, Engineering or Applied Sciences.
- Proven track records of maintenance and management of metro and/or long distance fibre optic infrastructure.
- Sound knowledge of telecom industry best practices, norms and technical requirements with regard to fibre & civil work maintenance.
- FTTx and/or P2P fibre deployment and maintenance experience are distinct advantages i.e. fibre
- termination using fusion splice machines, testing & analyzing fibre links with OTDR and Light
- Source/Power Meters (LSPM), identifying fibre cores with VFLs.
- Capable of understanding fibre network architectures, designs & splice plans.
- An inherent culture of documenting concise and accurate “As-Is” status of network elements and
- splice configuration, in a consistent manner.
- Familiarity with the requirements of Health & Safety legislation in Nigeria.
- Experience in civil works supervision & quality control.
- Experience in processing ROW License with Local Authorities/State Regulatory Agencies.
- User experience for Microsoft Office Tools including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- User experience for Visio/AutoCAD/GIS tools is desired.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems in the shortest available time using honed analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with customers, vendors, team members and the local community.
Qualification and Requirement:
At least 2 years in the telecommunications industry, with experience in Fiber network deployments. and outside plant maintenance.
Specific Knowledge of Civil Works planning applications with Nigerian Local Authorities.
- Customer Focus
- Bias for Action
- Result Oriented
- Highly innovative
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Self Development
- Nimble Learning
Deadline: Not specified
- Interested and qualified candidate should apply, with position indicated as the subject.
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!
- Accounting, Auditing & Finance (3)
- Admin Office (6)
- Banking & Finance (2)
- Building & Architecture (2)
- Consultancy and Strategy (2)
- Creative & Design (1)
- Customer Service & Support (10)
- Driver & Transport Services (1)
- Engineering & Technology (6)
- Estate Agents & Property Management (1)
- Food Services & Catering (3)
- Hospitality & Leisure (1)
- Human Resources (2)
- Insurance (1)
- Legal Services (1)
- Management & Business Development (11)
- Marketing & Communications (4)
- Product & Project Management (5)
- Quality Control & Assurance (7)
- Sales (8)
- Software & Data (2)
- Supply Chain & Procurement (3)
- Trades & Services (7)