Power Systems Team Lead 9 views
Transfer Technology Company first registered in 2003 and later incorporated in 2007 as TTC Mobile Ltd.
With Head Office in Lagos and four branches across Nigeria and the UK, it has trained over 8000 persons since it commenced business.
Power Systems Team Lead
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
- Responsible for the operations, maintenance and repair of the Electrial Power systems at the Data
- Centres and Point of Presence (POP) owned by the organisation.
- Deliverables (Maximum 5-6 key responsibilities)
- Expected Key Results (Detailed KPIs)
- Operation and Maintenance of various brands and model of electrical power units according to their document operating procedure.
- Execute preventive maintenance schedules with/without third party vendors and update relevant documentation and checklist.
- Maintenance of various types of electrical power systems e.g. Switchgear, UPS, Generating sets, Rectifiers& Inverters, Battery systems, AVR, ATS units, Transformers, PDU/PMM units.
Ensure the Quality of Service of the Data Centre Infrastructure by:
- Continuous monitoring of Power system.
- Reporting on the operational status of the Powers systems across Data Centres, and POP.
Track trending operational characteristics
- Monitor and respond to abnormal conditions in the UPS system, generators and ATS.
- Maintain detailed and up-to-date records of operational issues for audits and SLA related purposes.
- Ensure operational efficiency of colocation services of the Data Centre.
- Follow the good application of change and incident ticket linked to customers; Respect ITIL processes, incidents and changes to SLA.
Demonstrate (Key competencies)
- This section requires an overview of the education, experience and skills required to do the job at a
- satisfactory level. It is not a list of the jobholder’s qualification.
- Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills:
- At least an Higher National Diploma (HND) in either Electrical and Electronics or other related disciplinces.
- Possession of relevant industry certification or trainings in Electrical Power systems installation, maintenance, and/or repairs.
- Knowledge of equipment installation, electrical and mechanical repairs, wielding and fabrication, and safety and compliance.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems and Microsoft office suite.
- Adept at conducting tests to identify faults.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Candidate must be able to lift, push and pull up to 20kg.
- Candidate must be able to tolerate temperature of below 20° C for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external third
Qualification and Requirement:
- At least 4 years of previous work experience in a Data Centre Operations environment or equivalent.
- Experience troubleshooting breakdowns and repairing electrical power systems devices and components.
- Experience with Portable Appliance Test System.
- Experience in maintenance planning, scheduling and associated maintenance work.
- Experience with Data Centre
- Infrastructure Management (DCIM)
- tools will be an added advantage.
- Customer Focus
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Self Development
- Nimble Learning
PO Approval: None
No. of vendors: None
No. of direct reports: None
Impact of position
Impact on customers (Please select one of the options below):
Type of customers
Mainly Internal Mainly External
Deadline: Not specified
- Interested and qualified candidate should apply, with position indicated as the subject.
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!
- Accounting, Auditing & Finance (3)
- Admin Office (6)
- Banking & Finance (2)
- Building & Architecture (2)
- Consultancy and Strategy (2)
- Creative & Design (1)
- Customer Service & Support (10)
- Driver & Transport Services (1)
- Engineering & Technology (6)
- Estate Agents & Property Management (1)
- Food Services & Catering (3)
- Hospitality & Leisure (1)
- Human Resources (2)
- Insurance (1)
- Legal Services (1)
- Management & Business Development (11)
- Marketing & Communications (4)
- Product & Project Management (5)
- Quality Control & Assurance (7)
- Sales (8)
- Software & Data (2)
- Supply Chain & Procurement (3)
- Trades & Services (7)