Wireline Maintenance Quality Control Supervisor 28 views
Transfer Technology Company first registered in 2003 and later incorporated in 2007 as TTC Mobile Ltd.
With Head Office in Lagos and four branches across Nigeria and the UK, it has trained over 8000 persons since it commenced business.
Wireline Maintenance Quality Control Supervisor
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
The Team Lead Wire-line maintenance supervises maintenance of fiber optic & civil work activities on the outside plant network. The OSP Supervisor will be involved in the day- to- day maintenance and management of the outside plant, taking into consideration Customer and Local Authority organizations in the maintenance of the fiber outside plant. The role is expected to involve a significant element of on-site attendance.
Deliverables (Maximum 5-6 key responsibilities)
Expected Key Results (Detailed KPIs)
Point to Point and GPON
Fiber Fix Supervision
- Corporate Customers: Restore service failures within 3 hours of its occurrence- Acceptance and integration of
- new projects and ensure all open incident tickets are closed within this time-frame.
- Retail Customers: Restore service failures within 8 hours of its occurrence.
- Field to base Communication: Provide prompt feedback on field activities to stakeholders (especially customers) for both corrective and preventive maintenance.
- Provide prompt update of fiber tickets for break-fix works aimed at resolving customer service.
- Make request from store and co-ordinates activities around fault resolution.
- Coordinate issue resolution while ensuring compliance to quality work by the MSP.
- Ensures all fiber break-fix works are concluded within SLA.
- Communication detailed Reason-for-Outage to TAC team to enable them close tickets successfully.
- Preventive Maintenance Proactively track outside plant elements & activities to prevent fiber cuts.
- Proactively drive MSPs to identify, plan and execute preventive maintenance action on the fiber network.
- Enforce active engagement of construction works (road and real estate) by MSPs to mitigate damage
- to fiber infrastructure.
- Enforce active monitoring of trenching activities by other PTOs along our fiber route. Raise out-to-scope BOMs on PARIC and follow through to approval and execution.
- Provide operational data for all Corrective and preventive activity on the wire-line Network that feeds into the improvement of fiber break-fix MTTR.
- Audit, collate and verify information for the fiber wire- line network.
- Prepare and submit the as-maintained documents after every network activity.
- Review & Submit change control approvals
- Ensure submission of monthly cabinet utilization report
- Report Management Ensure weekly preventive reports are done and submitted timely for review by the Maintenance
- QCs Collation of out-of-scope BOM and supporting document for PO approvals.
- Preparation of weekly report of cable route condition, surveillance, Field equipment state, etc.
- Preparation of weekly cable, ODF, Cabinet and MST utilization for resource planning.
Inventory Management &; Quality Control
- Documentation of all modification before and after corrective/preventive maintenance (e.g. splice reports, OTDR trace test, straight line diagrams, cabinet utilization reports)
- Conduct regular assessment of engineering equipment used by MSP’s for field support (Test tool audit)
- Ensures periodic inspection and maintenance of conduit and Manhole by MSP.
- Verify and store all acceptance documents from deployment team (e.g splice report sheet, OTDR trace, acceptance test reports).
- Ensure all Quality Control/acceptance test are done on all maintenance projects
- Periodic Inspection, maintenance and documentation of ODF and Cabinet at various CO/POP.
- Inventory Management: ensure availability of maintenance consumables. Trigger reorder before
- stock- out. Ensure repair / return of maintenance equipment.
Demonstrate (Key competencies)
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills:
Academic: University Degree in Telecoms, Engineering or Applied Sciences.
- Proven track records of maintenance and management of metro and/or long distance fiber optic infrastructure.
- Sound knowledge of telecom industry best practices, norms and technical requirements with
- regard to fiber & civil work maintenance.
- FTTx and/or P2P fiber deployment and maintenance experience are distinct advantages i.e. fiber termination using fusion splice machines, testing & analyzing fiber links with OTDR and
- Light Source/Power Meters (LSPM), identifying fiber cores with VFLs.
- Capable of understanding fiber network architectures, designs & splice plans.
- An inherent culture of documenting concise and accurate “As-Is” status of network elements and splice configuration, in a consistent manner.
- Familiarity with the requirements of Health & Safety legislation in Nigeria.
- Experience in civil works supervision & quality control.
- Experience in processing ROW License with Local Authorities/State Regulatory Agencies.
- User experience for Microsoft Office Tools including a good working knowledge of Microsoft
- User experience for Visio/AutoCAD/GIS tools is desired.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems in the shortest available time using honed analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with customers, vendors, team members and local community.
- Provide adequate leadership to the Maintenance Quality Control team, ensuring the team possess a result-driven orientation for service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure end-to-end view/understanding of all infrastructure activities carried out on the outside plant.
- Provide adequate leadership that drives optimal team performance across board.
- Display customer centricity in response to requests, project delivery and also outage restoration within stated SLA’s.
Qualification and Requirement:
- At least 2 years in telecommunications industry, with experience in Fiber network
- deployment and outside plant maintenance.
- Specific Knowledge of Civil Works planning applications with Nigerian Local Authorities.
- Customer Focus
- Bias for Action
- Result Oriented
- Highly innovative
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Self Development
- Nimble Learning
- PO Approval:
- Other Dimensions:
- No. of vendors: NIL
- No. of direct reports:
Impact of position
Impact on customers (Please select one of the options below):
Type of customers
Mainly Internal Mainly External Internal & External
Deadline: Not specified
- Interested and qualified candidate should apply, with position indicated as the subject.
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!
- Accounting, Auditing & Finance (3)
- Admin Office (6)
- Banking & Finance (2)
- Building & Architecture (2)
- Consultancy and Strategy (2)
- Creative & Design (1)
- Customer Service & Support (10)
- Driver & Transport Services (1)
- Engineering & Technology (6)
- Estate Agents & Property Management (1)
- Food Services & Catering (3)
- Hospitality & Leisure (1)
- Human Resources (2)
- Insurance (1)
- Legal Services (1)
- Management & Business Development (11)
- Marketing & Communications (4)
- Product & Project Management (5)
- Quality Control & Assurance (7)
- Sales (8)
- Software & Data (2)
- Supply Chain & Procurement (3)
- Trades & Services (7)